Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why do people prefer their significant other to drink rather than smoke?

That was a question that I was curious about this whole week. Honestly because I have a crush on someone who smokes. bleh. -___- I was saying that people who drink alcohol causes more harm and death because of the effects but when someone smokes, they do it in their own comfort. There's nothing really major about the effects but second-hand smoke. For me, it's just the thought of someone inhaling something that doesn't attract me. Like I have to kiss you with that breath? Gross. And that's not the same as alcohol because it doesn't taste so bad. Haha idk.

But today I asked Kevin and explained to him that I don't want to lower my standards to settle for less than what I'd hope for just because I miss what it felt like to have a significant other. He said that I shouldn't have to; that it's not so much to ask for if you don't want someone who doesn't drink or smoke. There are some guys out there who doesn't.

I asked Lina and Ricky later on. They were saying that society doesn't view drinking so bad because everyone does it and smoking was just never attractive.

I went to dinner later on w/ Vince, Hillary, Lina and Thon. Both of the guys smoke weed and were talking about it so then asked them the simple question as to why and told them that my ideal guy is someone who doesn't smoke or drink. They both, especially Vince went on continuously about how he hates that people look down on people who smoke weed. He compared it to going to a theme park? Paying for fun isn't necessary but people do it to satisfy themselves like he does. There are people who are addicted to weed and inhale it daily but he doesn't need to smoke weed but he likes it. He doesn't need it to have fun but it's more fun with it. It's just something to do. He's not addicted and he says addicts, in general, are worse. He said that before I judge anything, I should put myself in that perspective and try it for myself first. They kind stated that finding someone who doesn't smoke or drink is dumb because I shouldn't look down on a guy because he does those things.

I admit, when I do find out a guy smokes weed, it's a definite turn-off. I admire the guys who are able to do those stuff and have their life completely together but I just don't want to be with someone who does all that. I want a guy who makes healthy life choices. I actually find it attractive if someone is able to enjoy life without doing all of that because it’s a pretty common thing nowadays so a ‘straight-edged’ guy is hard to find.. I don’t think that’s bad that I have that standard. I know I've drank before in the past but that's the past, you know? I don't do any of that anymore and I don't want to and the reason being, I see no purpose for it. There are other better things in life, in my opinion. Of course, everything in the world is wrong and people aren't always right. I was just curious as to why people prefer drinkers over smokers and I don't want to put myself in a weed smokers shoes in order to understand why they like it. I don't want to inhale any herbs. I have better things on my list that I'd rather do. Weed smoking is not any of my concern. If you like it, go for it - don't let me stop you whatsoever.

I mean, I've never dated a guy who smokes and I don't know what it'd be like. I've never let myself like a guy who does because it's just not for me. People have their turn-ons and turn-offs and that's just one of mine. If I come across someone that I REALLY like that does it, so be it ... I'll take the chance. But so far, it's not on my list. I wouldn't prefer a drinker nor a smoker but if it came down to it ... I don't even know anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment