Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guilty.

Guilt is honestly the feeling that I have. As I go to school and meet new people and be involved in different organizations, I occasionally think about my family and my friends that I don't see/hangout with as often and feel bad for leaving them behind a bit. I rarely am able to have a conversation with my parents because I'm going back & forth to school and when I'm home, I'm doing homework or taking a nap because I'm exhausted from school. And I know the more I meet new people at school, the more I'll get to know, see and hangout with them and maybe I'm scared that I'm going to be distant from my current friends. Even on weekends, I'm not able to socialize with anyone because I always have work! I officially have no life. -__- But as I feel guilty, I'm making my college experience better for me. I'm currently on E-Board for APSA and doing rush week for Alpha Phi Gamma. So far, everything is good and I'm meeting new people. I've continuously been trying to find something to look forward to and I don't want to get my hopes up but I think this is the beginning of something.

I'm just growing up. We are all growing up, going toward different paths. I just need to see the change, and accept it. It's not like I'm purposely neglecting anyone. My family is constantly supporting me. My friends will always be a big part of my life; true friends will stick around regardless of how long we haven't seen/talked to one another but know that we're still there for each other 100%. I'm trying to make things better for me, I can't be a miserable woman throughout my whole college experience! I don't want to feel guilty while trying new things but I can't help the fact that I wish everyone was also doing everything new with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment